Skip to main content

jiveturtle.blogsite.org...Still Offline

Just to update you guys, my home server is still offline. What a nightmare. It has taken almost two weeks just to get to the nearest electronics store to get myself a new power adapter.

I get home last night, plugged everything, and hey it was working a treat...for 20 minutes only. Obviously the power adapter is not outputting enough power to the wireless router, looks like I'll be making another trip to Nova again sometime this week.

The escapade continues...

On the home front, still the same ole' same ole'. In-laws p*ssing me off righteously, especially the mother-in-law (MIL). The temperatures have started to turn up rapidly and having a kid in a hot stuffy room is not so good, so we turn on the air-conditioning to get ourselves cooled-off and comfy. So far so good, up until the MIL come into our room and says to my wife (her daughter) "Wah, haven't you gone a bit too far? Turning on the air-con in April?". Yeah..., go figure.

I have been spending a lot of my time on this site by Danny Choo. If you into Gundam, and anything Japanese, this may be the site for you! Go check it out!

Tomorrow is "Grave Sweeping" day, so we got a day off work. Hopefully I will do something productive...like getting some sleep!

Take care folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch with Grandma Ng - Japanese Style

For lunch, after praying at Grandpa's resting place, we set off to a local Japanese restuarant which Grandma likes very much. I went for the roasted eel in teriyaki sauce with rice. It was really really nice, and could have had another two bowls. Grandma's favourite dish was the barbecued squid. We also have pan-fried dumplings, beef rice-don, and my Aunt ordered her favourite sushi rolls. Really enjoyed that meal! More photos here .

Homeward Bound

Hello again, thought I'd give an update of what's going on in my mundane life. After chatting with my wife, We will be moving back to my parents's home in Manchester (well Ashon-under-Lyne to be precise). We feel it would be better for her to have people around like our friends and family should anything happen. Plus I get to hang out with my friends again! As with my work, I will still be working at my current job in London. The plan is that I will be travelling to London to work in the office for three days (Tuesday to Thrusday) and work from home in Manchester for the other two days. I felt it was a good compromise, and I'll get something back for the travel and accommodation costs (some but not all), plus I'll will be stilling working and earning the dough. Now we're in the middle of putting stuff in boxes ready for the big move in mid-June. Dug out a lot of stuff that we don't need, so we'll be holding a car boot sale to make some ca...

Hello, Amelie is sick again...

Just an update.  I know it has been a while, but Amelie is in hospital with some bad virus.  Hopefully, she will get better soon...