Skip to main content

Homeward Bound (For 2 Weeks)


We're setting off later this evening to UK for a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see Manchester and Ashton-under-Lyne again, not to mention to catch with friends and family and of course do a bit of driving! I haven't been driving for more than a year now since I have been in Taiwan, feels like my legs have gone!

We're taking a lot pineapple cakes, which Taiwan is famous for, back to friends and family in UK, and some other gifts too. On the way back, we'll bring back all sorts of stuff to Taiwan, so another post on that when I get back.

Not sure whether I'll be able to get online as often, but will try my best to keep my blog updated as much as possible while I am over in UK.

My grand parents also arrived in UK from Hong Kong to attend my brother Jimmy's wedding. So time would probably be spent travelling around and take to places to see and have fun. Don't worry, as always, I'll be taking pictures!

It will be Amelie's first time visit to UK for more than a year. I hope she remembers some of the home where she spent her first 8 months of her life. If not, I'll be taking even more pictures as a reminder for her and for us on this blog.

OK, some more packing to do. Catch you all later! I will certainly miss the good people back at work at Nankang! Take care you all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Without Steven without camera without new photos for us~~~~
Yesterday and today are Gavin and Daivid's birthdays, but we didn't take any photos. When you come back, we will take more photos together.
Anonymous said…
We had a birthday cake for Gavin and David yesterday.
But we haven’t had a special meal for them yet because we are quite busy at this moment.
The deal that I made with David and Gavin is having a big and delicious meal after you come back! :P
Can’t wait to see you soon!!
Steve C:\> said…
Just a quick one to say we're at Singapore airport now, waiting for the flight to Taiwan. Catch all you guys soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch with Grandma Ng - Japanese Style

For lunch, after praying at Grandpa's resting place, we set off to a local Japanese restuarant which Grandma likes very much. I went for the roasted eel in teriyaki sauce with rice. It was really really nice, and could have had another two bowls. Grandma's favourite dish was the barbecued squid. We also have pan-fried dumplings, beef rice-don, and my Aunt ordered her favourite sushi rolls. Really enjoyed that meal! More photos here .

Homeward Bound

Hello again, thought I'd give an update of what's going on in my mundane life. After chatting with my wife, We will be moving back to my parents's home in Manchester (well Ashon-under-Lyne to be precise). We feel it would be better for her to have people around like our friends and family should anything happen. Plus I get to hang out with my friends again! As with my work, I will still be working at my current job in London. The plan is that I will be travelling to London to work in the office for three days (Tuesday to Thrusday) and work from home in Manchester for the other two days. I felt it was a good compromise, and I'll get something back for the travel and accommodation costs (some but not all), plus I'll will be stilling working and earning the dough. Now we're in the middle of putting stuff in boxes ready for the big move in mid-June. Dug out a lot of stuff that we don't need, so we'll be holding a car boot sale to make some ca...

Hello, Amelie is sick again...

Just an update.  I know it has been a while, but Amelie is in hospital with some bad virus.  Hopefully, she will get better soon...