Skip to main content

Typhoon Sonamu


Looks like another typhoon has developed in the area.

Quite surprisingly, I thought there would be no more, but it looks like I'm wrong. It looks like this year there have been more typhoons compared to last year. The "winds are changing" I think, and I can't stop feeling that something major is going to happen...

Anyway, this new one looks to heading away from Taiwan and towards Japan. Japan already has typhoon Wukong on its way, so they are looking at a double-whammy in these two weeks.

Wukong has been perculiar, its path seems very unpredictable and its speed has started to pick up high already. Lets hope it doesn't do too much damamge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch with Grandma Ng - Japanese Style

For lunch, after praying at Grandpa's resting place, we set off to a local Japanese restuarant which Grandma likes very much. I went for the roasted eel in teriyaki sauce with rice. It was really really nice, and could have had another two bowls. Grandma's favourite dish was the barbecued squid. We also have pan-fried dumplings, beef rice-don, and my Aunt ordered her favourite sushi rolls. Really enjoyed that meal! More photos here .

Homeward Bound

Hello again, thought I'd give an update of what's going on in my mundane life. After chatting with my wife, We will be moving back to my parents's home in Manchester (well Ashon-under-Lyne to be precise). We feel it would be better for her to have people around like our friends and family should anything happen. Plus I get to hang out with my friends again! As with my work, I will still be working at my current job in London. The plan is that I will be travelling to London to work in the office for three days (Tuesday to Thrusday) and work from home in Manchester for the other two days. I felt it was a good compromise, and I'll get something back for the travel and accommodation costs (some but not all), plus I'll will be stilling working and earning the dough. Now we're in the middle of putting stuff in boxes ready for the big move in mid-June. Dug out a lot of stuff that we don't need, so we'll be holding a car boot sale to make some ca...

Hello, Amelie is sick again...

Just an update.  I know it has been a while, but Amelie is in hospital with some bad virus.  Hopefully, she will get better soon...