Skip to main content

PS3 Slim Died! Never Fear! PS3 Hard Reset Is Here!


Had a very bad day yesterday when my PS3 Slim decided to go beserk and not work.  Nothing would start, the main menu would freeze, haven't a clue on what happened to cause it (other than the fact I was downloading an add-on in the background for Batman Arkham Asylum).  Anyhow, feeling frustrated, I decided to leave it for the night, and look at it again in the morning.

After some Googling, I found this site with information on starting the PS3 in "safe-mode", thereby giving you the options shown in the picture above.  I have all options in the order above, only having to restore the PS3 system as my last resort.  All worked well, and now the PS3 is back in business!

But....lost a lot of my previous game data, which means I would need to play 200+ hours again to get back all the saved game data which was wiped out during the system restore.

Ah well....better get started then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeward Bound (For 2 Weeks)

We're setting off later this evening to UK for a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see Manchester and Ashton-under-Lyne again, not to mention to catch with friends and family and of course do a bit of driving! I haven't been driving for more than a year now since I have been in Taiwan, feels like my legs have gone! We're taking a lot pineapple cakes, which Taiwan is famous for, back to friends and family in UK, and some other gifts too. On the way back, we'll bring back all sorts of stuff to Taiwan, so another post on that when I get back. Not sure whether I'll be able to get online as often, but will try my best to keep my blog updated as much as possible while I am over in UK. My grand parents also arrived in UK from Hong Kong to attend my brother Jimmy's wedding. So time would probably be spent travelling around and take to places to see and have fun. Don't worry, as always, I'll be taking pictures! It will be Amelie's first time visit to UK

One Year On

...since we have arrived in Taiwan, looking forward to a great future. Time certainly flies when you are busy sorting yourself out and trying to get a steady foot on starting over in a new place, with new people and with little or no help. Sure there were promises, but the people who made them were not good at keeping them. Ah well, life goes on. Looking back over the year, we have come a long way. The new environment was alien to us, and especially for me, language was a barrier, but I managed to improve myself, especially in the listening department. Just have to master the speaking now. We managed to get ourselves settled and find work in 4 months. Which is not bad considering we had a precious daughter with us. I actually took Amelie with me to the job interviews. Maybe thats why I got the job. Anyway, we got ourselves a decent desktop PC, a TV, cable and found a place where I could buy PS2 games for less than 5 GBP, bottles, steriliser, kitchen utensils and many many m